Simon Gore Consulting Ltd
8 Upper Street, Oakley, Diss, IP21 4AX
Copyright Simon Gore Consulting Ltd (SGCL)
All rights reserved.
Join our mailing list and get exclusive offers and group deals
Cohabitation Claims 2019 Conference
Thursday 28th March, London
9am - 5pm
Graeme Fraser, Partner, OGR Stock Denton
Topics for the 2019 conference
9.20am - Intervener claims
- Where an intervener claim arises;
- Joining an intervener;
- Where an intervener refuses to engage;
- Procedure and case management directions;
- Applicable law
- Fair disposal / Gestmin principles;
Alexander Chandler, 1 KBW
10.00 - Schedule 1 Claims
- Practical tips when making the application
- The Criteria applied by the Court
- Considerations involving Medium -Low Asset cases
Claire Heppenstall, 1 Garden Court
10.40 Morning Break
11.00 - Tax considerations in cohabitation and splitting
- Tax efficient property holding structures
- Tax consequences of gifts
- The Human Rights question - do you have to get married?
- Splitting up
- Providing for the children
- Recent cases
Amanda Hardy QC, 5 Stone Buildings
11.40 - Contesting Occupation orders
- The legal principles - which section bites?
- Evidential considerations;
- Recent case law;
- Alternatives to occupation orders;
- Other considerations (occupation rent, payment of outgoings etc);
Ewan Murray, Fourteen
12.20 - Constructive Trusts and Proprietary Estoppel: How do they differ?
- Maximising opportunities for the client
- Pleading in alternatives
- Agreement versus representation
- Representation of what?
- Differences in remedy
- Limitations on satisfying the equity
Rebecca Bailey-Harris, 1 Hare Court
1.45pm - Navigating your way in tolata land. Procedural top tips
- Triage - the first meeting
- Pre-action case management
- What evidence do you need?
- ADR or not?
- Navigating CPR – key areas
- Formalities arising with land
- Playing to the gallery: open court trial
Rhys Taylor and Andrzej Bojarski of 36 Family
2.45pm - Construction of a cohabitation agreement, negligent drafting and tips and traps of including unusual clauses
- Public policy and illegality: the scope and formal requirements of agreements
- Property and declarations of trust
- Joint accounts, outgoings and debts
- Marriage and death
- Child arrangements and specific issues
Gerald Wilson, Tanfield Chambers
3.30pm Cohabitation agreements in other jurisdictions (a look at Scotland, England, Ireland and Italy)
Suzanne Todd, Partner, Withers
Lucia Clark, Morton Fraser
Early bird rate of £165 per place
3 for 2 Group Offer
6 hours CPD
We operate a paperless conference system whereby presentations are emailed to attendees before the start of the event and attendees can either bring their own devices or print out as necessary. We also offer a printed option service for just £10 per copy.
What's included with the conference fee? Access to the conference presentation, refreshments on arrival, mid morning, mid afternoon and audio recordings of all the presentations. Lunch is a seperate chargable addition.
Other ways to register
Call us on 01379 740619