Maintenance for Older Children
Webinar, Recording on 9th July. Download available from 10th July
What's covered during our one-hour webinar
- What is the position when the child is over 16 and under 18?
- Can a parent apply on behalf of his or her child after the child is 18?
- Must a child over the age of 18 consent to any application?
- Does an order lapse if the child ceases to be in full time education, eg on a gap
- Should orders be made until the end of tertiary education regardless of the age of
- Can part of any order for periodical payments paid by one parent be paid to the
other parent after the child is 18?
- What is the position if the child is still in secondary education when he or she
- How should the availability of student loans be approached?
- What if the child has his or her own financial resources?
- Is there any form of benchmark for the level of provision for a child in tertiary
- Should the Court make high orders in favour of the children of rich parents,
regardless of the wishes of the paying parent?
- What are the special circumstance in which an order might be made for a child
over the age of 18 who is not in full time education?
Elizabeth Hicks, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
& Joe Switaliski, 29 Bedford Row