Registration Hotline - 01379 740619
Registration Hotline - 01379 740619 - About SGCL -
Simon Gore Consulting Ltd
8 Upper Street, Oakley, Diss, IP21 4AX
Copyright Simon Gore Consulting Ltd (SGCL)
All rights reserved.
Our events are going paperless, find out how this affects you attendance, click here for details
Trust Litigation Webinar Series 2018
Crociani - Unpicked, January 17th 5-6pm,
Nicholas Le Poidevin QC and Aidan Briggs, New Square Chambers
- Description of the case and the issues
- Powers, whether fiduciary, fraud on power, excessive execution
- Powers, unreasonableness
- Conflict of interest
- Remedies etc.
Trustees making applications for directions - March 15th 3-4pm
Geoffrey Kertesz of Bircham, Dyson Bell and Leon Pickering of Ten Old Square.
- Blessing applications
- Surrendering discretions
Self Dealing Issues - April 12th from 12.30 - 1.30pm
Richard Dew of Ten Old Square and Roberta Harvey of Charles Russell Speechlys
- Rules and exceptions
- Bribes and no conflict rule
- When can trustees profit from their role?
- Fiduciary rules
- Remedies and litigation
- Recent cases and lessons learnt
Equitable Remedies - May 10th from 3-4pm
Piers Feltham and Thomas Dumont of Radcliffe Chambers
- Hastings Bass
- Divergence of approaches onshore and offshore
- Recent decisions
Limitation periods for claims against constructive trustees - June 14th from 12.30 - 1.30pm
Toby Bishop of Field Court Chambers and Roman Kubiak of Hugh James Solicitors
- Use of proprietary claims against assets received in breach of fiduciary duty
- Relation between laches and limitations
- Dishonest assisters
- Trustee indemnities - claims against
Tax Update - Trusts - June 14th 3pm - 4pm
Amanda Hardy QC and Oliver Marre of 5 Stone Buildings
- The new trust landscape for non-doms
- The new CGT regime for non-resident trusts of uk real property
- Update on recent domestic cases including Barclay's Wealth
- Trusts and EU law after Panayi and in the shadow of Brexit
- Trusts and the OECD model treaties after Lee & Bunter
- Trusts of business and agricultural property and other trust planning tips.
The Trouble with Beneficiaries - July 19th 3 - 4pm
Mark Baxter of 5 Stone Buildings and James Lister of Stevens & Bolton
- Limits on channelling benefits to non-beneficiaries
- Practical ways around the limits
- Duties on excluding and adding beneficiaries
- Blessing applications
- Foreign Beneficiaries
Gifts Made by Vulnerable Adults - September 13th 12.30 - 1.30pm
Jordan Holland of 5 Stone Buildings
- What should solicitors watch out for?
- Use of the Golden Rule
- Defences and use of mistake?
- Types of gifts which could lead to undue influence
- Evidence in court, who’s better - the solicitor or expert?
Update on proprieatary estoppel, co-ownership and constructive trusts - October 15th 12.30 - 1.30pm
Presented by Brie Stevens-Hoare QC and Edward Rountree, Hardwicke Chambers