Simon Gore Consulting Ltd
8 Upper Street, Oakley, Diss, IP21 4AX
Copyright Simon Gore Consulting Ltd (SGCL)
All rights reserved.
Tim Dutton QC, Maitland Chambers
Nicholas Dowding QC, Malcom Hollis
Andy Creer, Hardwicke Chambers
Ashley Winter, Malcolm Hollis
- Liability for removal of fixtures
- What are fixtures?
- What is the obligation to remove?
- What the tenant should do (reinstatement & making good)
- What the tenant shouldn’t do (wrongful removal & fixtures in breach
- Practical considerations
- Operation of Jervis v Harris clauses
- Liquidated damaged clauses for end of term liability
- Issues surrounding s.18 valuations
When is loss of rent recoverable?
- What must the landlord show in order to establish his claim?
- To what standard must the landlord prove his claim?
- Over what period may loss of rent be awarded?
- What amount is recoverable?
- What is the potential effect of the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards?
- Empty rates, lost service charges and loss of the ability to occupy
- The impact of s.18(1) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1927
Hot Issues in Dilapidations
27th March from 2pm - 5pm - Central London
Places are just £75 per person
3 for 2 Group Offer
3 Hours CPD