Registration Hotline - 01379 740619
Registration Hotline - 01379 740619 - About SGCL -
Simon Gore Consulting Ltd
8 Upper Street, Oakley, Diss, IP21 4AX
Copyright Simon Gore Consulting Ltd (SGCL)
All rights reserved.
Our events are going paperless, find out how this affects you attendance, click here for details
Ben Amunwa & Rachel Coyle, Property Specialists at 36 Bedford Row
Find more about our presenters by clicking on the links below;
Watching this webinar will help solicitors meet the following requirements set out in the Statement of Solicitor Competence
A2 - Maintain competence and legal knowledge
A4 - Draw on detailed knowledge/understanding
An update for civil and property lawyers on the rapid legal developments in service charges disputes. Includes 2 parts focusing on the substantive law and costs recovery:
1. Construction of service charge machinery: Firstport Property Service Limited v Ahmet  UKUT 0036 (LC), 21 February 2017.
2. Payment under protest: Making a service charge/administration charge payment under protest whilst reserving their right to challenge the reasonableness of the sums demanded by the freeholder at a later date: Avon Freeholders Ltd v Garnier  UKUT 477 (LC)
3. Estoppel by Convention: Jetha v Basildon Court Residents Company Limited  UKUT 58 (LC), 16 February 2017
1. Recovery of legal costs arising out of threatened proceedings through service charges payable by tenants: Bretby Hall Management Co Ltd v Pratt Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber), 17 February 2017  UKUT 70 (LC)
2. Costs in the FTT(PC) and ‘unreasonable conduct’: Matier v Christchurch Gardens (Epsom) Ltd  UKUT 56 (LC)
3. Regulation 13(1) (b) Tribunal Procedure Rules and section 20C of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985: Primeview Developments Limited v Ahmed  UKUT 0057. "
Property Law Case Round-Up
WEBINAR 24th May, 11.15am - 12.45pm
£20 Single Licence - £50 Company Licence - 1.5 CPD HOURS