Simon Gore Consulting Ltd
8 Upper Street, Oakley, Diss, IP21 4AX
Copyright Simon Gore Consulting Ltd (SGCL)
All rights reserved.
Trust Litigation Webinar Series 2018
Crociani - Unpicked, - DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE
Nicholas Le Poidevin QC and Aidan Briggs, New Square Chambers
- Description of the case and the issues
- Powers, whether fiduciary, fraud on power, excessive execution
- Powers, unreasonableness
- Conflict of interest
- Remedies etc.
Trustees making applications for directions - DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE
Geoffrey Kertesz of Bircham, Dyson Bell and Leon Pickering of Ten Old Square.
- Blessing applications
- Surrendering discretions
Self Dealing Issues - DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE
Richard Dew of Ten Old Square and Roberta Harvey of Charles Russell Speechlys
- Rules and exceptions
- Bribes and no conflict rule
- When can trustees profit from their role?
- Fiduciary rules
- Remedies and litigation
- Recent cases and lessons learnt
Equitable Remedies - DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE
Piers Feltham and Thomas Dumont of Radcliffe Chambers
- Hastings Bass
- Divergence of approaches onshore and offshore
- Recent decisions
Limitation periods for claims against constructive trustees - June 14th from 12.30 - 1.30pm
Toby Bishop of Field Court Chambers and Roman Kubiak of Hugh James Solicitors
- Use of proprietary claims against assets received in breach of fiduciary duty
- Relation between laches and limitations
- Dishonest assisters
- Trustee indemnities - claims against
Tax Update - Trusts - June 14th 3pm - 4pm
Amanda Hardy QC and Oliver Marre of 5 Stone Buildings
- The new trust landscape for non-doms
- The new CGT regime for non-resident trusts of uk real property
- Update on recent domestic cases including Barclay's Wealth
- Trusts and EU law after Panayi and in the shadow of Brexit
- Trusts and the OECD model treaties after Lee & Bunter
- Trusts of business and agricultural property and other trust planning tips.
The Trouble with Beneficiaries - July 19th 3 - 4pm
Mark Baxter of 5 Stone Buildings and James Lister of Stevens & Bolton
- Limits on channelling benefits to non-beneficiaries
- Practical ways around the limits
- Duties on excluding and adding beneficiaries
- Blessing applications
- Foreign Beneficiaries
Gifts Made by Vulnerable Adults - September 13th 12.30 - 1.30pm
Jordan Holland of 5 Stone Buildings
- What should solicitors watch out for?
- Use of the Golden Rule
- Defences and use of mistake?
- Types of gifts which could lead to undue influence
- Evidence in court, who’s better - the solicitor or expert?
Update on proprieatary estoppel, co-ownership and constructive trusts - October 15th 12.30 - 1.30pm
Presented by Brie Stevens-Hoare QC and Edward Rountree, Hardwicke Chambers